Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It is easy to lose weight, expect not. Mini post

Most people are under the incorrect assumption that losing weight is easy. I see people say this all the time. I'll be reading the comments on a fat related blog post, generally a post about being healthy while fat. The comment will go something like this:

“Oh please, you can't be fat and healthy. You're just being lazy. I used to weigh 200 pounds and I was super unhealthy! But then I stopped eating donuts for breakfast/putting a cup of sugar in my morning coffee/i started making meals at home instead of eating fast food every night/ I stopped drinking a six pack of beer everyday.”

I don't like donuts. I don't drink. My mother makes wonderful home cooked meals. We do not keep junk food in the house. That's not to say I never eat 'bad foods', I just don't very often. And on top of that I exercise.

And I still weigh 214 pounds.


Interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Losing weight can be easy, but it depends on your metabolism or someshit. It's different for everyone. But yeah, usually it's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really all depends on what your personal healthy weight is, which of course, is way different for everyone.

    ReplyDelete