Sunday, March 13, 2011

OOTD: The wrong kind of girl

Everyone says that a perfect pair of jeans are a wardrobe staple. They are said to be comfortable and fashionable. I hate jeans. I hate everything about them. I don't like how they look and I don't like how they feel. I have never found a pair of comfortable jeans. They always pinch and pull me. No matter what size I wear jeans give me muffin top, even jeans that are too big.




Instead of jeans, I wear leggings as pants. Its a love or hate it trend, and I love it. Leggings are comfortable. When wearing them I can walk, run, bike, dance, anything. They can keep my legs warm. They can do everything jeans can do.



I was flipping though one of my mothers magazines a while ago. They did a poll on what people thought of leggings as pants. I don't remember what the results where. What I do remember is a comment somebody they asked made. It was something along the line of, “leggings as pants are usually worn by the wrong kinda girl.”



I am the wrong kind of girl. I am the wrong kind of girl because when I wear leggings you can see my stomach sticking out. I am the wrong kind of girl because leggings show off my less than toned butt. I am the wrong kind of girl because I am fat. Leggings are not 'flattering' on me.



But see, unlike that guy, I don't see why I shouldn't were leggings. Why I shouldn’t show the world my soft fat body.

ootd 026

ootd 021

ootd 024

ootd 017



Leggings-Ragstock

T shirt- Post War Trade- We are the media

Undershirt- JC Penny's

Boots-hand me downs

Headscarf- thrift

feather- carft store





Make up

eyeliner- Dark Blue Wet n' Wild, White Wet n Wild in the corner

Lipstick- Russian red, applied with finger for a soft finish

4 comments:

  1. Lady, I don't know who WOULDN'T say that those leggings [and sexy boots] look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude. I hate jeans too, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. The fabric is too thick and stiff and not stretchy at all. You are exactly the right kind of girl to be wearing leggings - the kind of girl who finds them more comfortable than ubiquitous and uncomfy jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet comment Sarah!
    Jeans are the devil I say! I don't know who decided they should be a wardrobe staple, but I ant to punch them in the face. ;)

    ReplyDelete